Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

The Black Drain//Summer Learning Journey


















So on this task the article had a sentence about new Zealand history and one of them were about new Zealand river pollution. So we had to find two rivers that a polluted and write down the location of the river and what is being done to clean it. So my first river is called the ruamahanga river I didn't find information about how there going but I found a website that said that the ruamahanga river is getting in good quality. Now my second river is called wairarapa river. The wairarapa river is getting cleaned out by professionals. They saying that they are keeping the water in good quality.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Viliami,

    I am so happy to see that you have joined us on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. That is fabulous!! You have already made it to the end of Week #2. Wow - nice work.

    One of the best parts of my job as a commenter for the Summer Learning Journey programme is that I have the chance to learn new things. I didn't realise that the Ruamahanga river and the Wairarapa river had both been polluted in the past. I wonder what caused the pollution levels to rise in the river. At least, it sounds like the local councils are working hard to clean them up. It would be terrible if we weren't able to swim in our local rivers, wouldn't it?

    Speaking of swimming, do you like to swim? I grew up swimming in the lakes in my home country of Canada. When I was a teenager I trained to be a lifeguard and spent my summers teaching children how to swim so, needless to say, I love swimming. What about you?

    I hope that you are enjoying the SLJ this summer and that you'll continue to work hard and finish the journey strong. You can do it!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Villami,
    That's great you have made a start on the summer learning journey! Remember next time to make your blurb on the right side. If you want to check out my blog post I did of this I found another image of a water pollution.

    Keep it up Villami!

    ReplyDelete