Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Top three fun facts about NZ//New Zealand

LI: To show interesting facts about New zealand.
So this week in class we were doing the summer learning journey. So the first activity was to find top three facts that you learned about New Zealand. The first fact I learn was that the Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud. Second fun fact I learned was that Queen Elizabeth II is officially Queen of New Zealand, represented in the country by a Governor General. The last fund fact I learned about was that the country is part of the Pacific Rim of Fire and its most active volcano is Mount Ruapehu, found in the middle of the North Island.



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Viliami,

    Wow, it is awesome to see that you have started the Summer Learning Journey. I am so glad to see you participating. Welcome! I will be reading and commenting on all your blogs this summer and I can't wait to see the work that you do.

    Thanks for these great NZ facts. We are so lucky to call this country our home. Your fact about Mt Ruapehu is very interesting!

    Keep up the awesome work. I will talk to you more in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Viliami. I see that you have very interesting facts about New Zealand, but was most shocking to me was that queen Elizabeth II is the queen of New Zealand because I only knew her for being the queen of the UK. Awesome work Viliami, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete