Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

World Wildlife Fund//Summer Learning Journey

Image result for saimaa ringed seal
LI: To learn about the WWF care givers.
This week we had to watch two videos and explain what was the animals and what the organisation called the World Wildlife Fund did to help the animals. So I learned about a animal called the saimaa ringed seal. Apparently the saimaa ringed seal needs help when the give birth to a new seal so they need a snow bank a snow bank is when you have space in the floor with no snow but if they can't find a snow bank then they just have to born the new baby on the snow and it's not protecting the baby from the coldness. So the WWF which is the World Wildlife fund organisation helped the seals by making snow banks for them. I think that there idea was so thoughtful for the seals so I think that the seals would be able to protect the new born seal.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Viliami,

    Congratulations on the consistent effort on your blogging, I have really enjoyed reading over your blogs! Don’t forget that we have one more week of the Summer Learning Journey, which is just enough time to hop back on and finish your blogging!

    Congratulations on answering the question with lots of detail and facts, then also giving your own opinion on the topic. This makes it really nice to read.
    Well done on this. You have provided us with some important facts such as Saimaa ringed seals being endangered. I didn't know this!
    I don't know about you but I definitely believe it is so important to save our climate to help the Earth and our beautiful animals. In fact, I believe this so much that I tried to limit my plastic waste this year, it was really hard.
    Do you have any goals this year which would help the environment?

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete